Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time For An Update



Okay. Halloween in Lacoste... Crazy.
The French don't really celebrate Halloween, but SCAD puts on pumpkin carving, a haunted house, face painting and a couple other little things. So, lots of children running around. I got roped into face painting (not my strongest area.. because it wasn't real makeup) and did that for about 2 hours.
But, life before that has been crazy. We have so much stuff due this week, travel photos, photo stories and travel journals as well as submissions for Vernissage. We had our last traveling class last week, and we went to Gorge de Oppedette for a few hours and then came back and had a work session.
It's hard to write about these last two weeks because they've just flown by and been so busy!
Saturday night was fun though after the Halloween for the kids. Cafe de Sade put on a party for us with yummy punch (dangerous punch) and a dj so that we could dance, which was really nice. The whole night was just entertaining in general, most of us were dressed up so it was hilarious. It's been really rainy here and that means my motivation has pretty much gone out the window, but I have so much work to finish. I did a couple of photoshoots last Friday though when most of the campus was gone for another field trip (for a class that I'm not in). It was nice to be productive that day, when I had the studio and lab pretty much to myself.

Gorge de Oppedette


So many black cats!



This week has flown by as well, Monday I took a book making workshop where we learned how to different types of stitches for bindings and how to fold and assemble everything we needed. Tuesday was a full work day for both of my classes, 6 hours of paying attention to small details. Wednesday was critique for travel class, which went pretty well (Thankfully). After that it was just more work. On Thursday it was another work day all day, and then I decided to take a break and watch the new Robin Hood with Becca. We had a kind of early night, just working on our sketchbooks and our projects for class. Yesterday, I got to go to Ikea with Eleanor to get the frame orders for people who didn't get the frames that they needed in our frame lottery. Ikea in general is crazy, so Ikea with everything in French was completely overwhelming. We had lunch there (so good, I had salmon) and then headed back to campus. Everyone else was on another field trip so I had the entire studio to myself and got to print a bunch without anyone around. From there it was dinner and a few drinks down at the cafe and then a long night after that.





Halloween! 

Pumpkins :)

Ashley.. my favorite airplane.
My bouquet of hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment