Thursday, October 7, 2010

Paris!

My feet hurt.
That is the most constant thought I've had so far, and it's only halfway finished. But in other news, Paris is amazing. The first night that we got here we walked to the hotel from the train station (about a half hour walk) and had to get all of our hotel stuff sorted out. We went and grabbed some dinner out in Saint Germaine and then walked around. I went with Alex, Hannah and Gracie and we walked around our section of the Latin Quarter where our hotel is and then walked over to Notre Dame to see it all lit up at night. We were all exhausted from the train so we had an early night to get ready for our early day on Tuesday.
Tuesday morning I went with Alex and Bridget early to one of the famous cemeteries here in Paris. We wandered around for almost 2 hours taking pictures and looking for a map so we could find Oscar Wilde's grave, (which we all kissed, as is tradition) and we had already managed to walk by it. My shoes were soaking wet at this point, and we took the metro across town towards the BNF(Biblioteque National du France) where we had to be at 2:00 (we had an appointment to see some of the first prints that they had in their collections from the 1500's). We went shopping at Zara, which is really popular here, and I bought new boots and threw my other ones away. We walked over to the BNF and had our appointment, which was amazing. I wasn't allowed to take any pictures, but I was seeing Goya and Duer prints inches away from me. The experience was amazing. After, we went shopping (more of window shopping for me, because I can buy clothes in the US) and I took plenty of pictures, though not enough.

And for now, that's all because I'm off to another museum! (This is my 4th in 2 days, including the Louvre, which I'm going back to tonight!) Pictures to be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment