Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Helene in the dead sunflower field
September 20-21












Ah! So much going on. There aren't enough hours in the day in France. Well, there aren't really enough in the US either, but my time here is shorter so I feel like it's even shorter! Monday was a long day as usual. I didn't have class but I slept in until a little before lunch. I hadn't gone to bed until 5:30 am, so I was catching up on sleep. In the afternoon we had a trip to the fabric store outside of L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, which was so overwhelming. It was a huge warehouse and we were in the process of trying to figure out the conversions from centimeters to inches to feet to meters to euro to the dollar. It was crazy. Plus, there was so much! And they didn't speak any English, so we had to have Eleanor translate everything for us. It was a fun trip overall, but we got back just around dinner time, and the two photoshoots I was planning on doing didn't happen at all. After dinner we went up to the chateau and laid in the minty grass and looked at the moon and the chateau itself. When I came down from the chateau, I planned out the outfit and location for my first shoot. Styling here is interesting... It's kinda a montage of everyone's clothes plus random little things from my own stuff. But overall, I think it's going to look like I'm photographing a collection, and that's what's important.


Today, I got up early and went to breakfast and then met up with my model and friend, Helene. It's her 22nd birthday! We grabbed a couple of bikes and all of the clothes and such that we needed and biked (well, coasted really) 5 km down the hill to the valley floor to a field of dead sunflowers. We did a fashion shoot that looked awesome(yay!) and started back up the gigantic hill. It took us about 45 minutes to get back up the hill from the very bottom and we biked more than half and walked up the really steep parts. Talk about mind over matter. I couldn't focus on how much more we had to do, just what was in front of me. It was super intense though, and such a good workout. We got back, took showers and headed to lunch. After that, I had working class studio and then Project Seminar II, where we took a trip back to L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue and actually got to see the town. It's and island town, the river pretty much flows all around it, and it's so beautiful. It's a little bit bigger than the hilltop towns around here, and really visually interesting. I took a bunch of pictures in the gorgeous cathedral in the middle of town. From there I wandered by myself and found a bakery and bought a little pizza (so good!) and a huge meringue (orange flavored. I'm still working on it, it's like the size of my face). We headed back for dinner, and then down to Cafe du France for Helene's birthday drinks. And then back up the hill to have a skype date with my mom! :) What a day! Tomorrow holds a trip to Avignon for Travel Photo, and lots of work to do there!



This cat and I were having a good time making faces at each other today... But a pigeon flew by when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment